Friday, March 12, 2010

Significant other, Day 310

I met a woman today who had the most beautiful mehndi patterns on her hands. She is getting married tomorrow and she and her future husband had the patterns on ytheir hands. She told me that they are both Pisces and when they put their hands together, as she demonstrated for me, that the pattern forms a heart. She graciously let me photograph her, but in my excitement I forgot to ask her name. So, to the woman with the beautiful hands...many blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

  1. Apparently it's a common thing to do before Indian weddings. I watched some slides in a friend's house last weekend of his daughter's wedding in India. The women had elaborate Henna tattoos on their hands and lower arms for a pre-wedding ceremony. At one point, they formed a circle, extended their hands to the center and had a beautiful, beautiful photograph taken of the hands and arms. It looked both festive and spiritual to me!

    ReplyDelete