Monday, November 2, 2009

Cycles, Day 179

How do you explain death to a five year old? I found the sex talk so far to be quite easy and straight forward...there are numerous age appropriate books on the subject. But death...?

Nicolai talks about death quite frequently. I think this is a fairly common
occurrence for young boys. He has expressed interest in being mummified when he dies since he knows all about the process and the spiritual aspects as well. But his big question is what will happen to all his toys when he is gone? I jokingly told him that he could build a large tomb and they could be waiting for him in the afterlife. Since it worked for King Tut, my answer satisfied his question. I was thinking the other day a big portion of religion (pick one, any one) has some kind of explanation about what happens when a person dies. If I subscribed to a particular one I think the conversation would be much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment