Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Long hallways, Day 187

The summer before ninth grade I was in a youth theater company. I had been in quite a few musicals, but this one was probably my favorite. At the age of fifteen I was cast in the musical Hair. I cannot say if this is where my obsession with hair began or if it actually was in utero when my mom saw the musical performed in San Francisco in 1969/70. As a participant in the theater company I was not really into acting, but I LOVED the singing and dancing. I still remember one line I had to say which was..."Loooong hallways." I don't remember the context, but I remember speaking these words. It's funny what our minds remember. So when I see a long hallway I always say the words in my head as if I were speaking them to the audience from the stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment