Saturday, July 25, 2009

Reverie, Day 80

I've decided that this project is about being in a state of reverie. Of being lost in my own thoughts but having the opportunity to share them with whomever is interested. It's been a fascinating process and I have communicated with quite a few people who found interest in what I am doing. Recently some friends asked me how I keep up the momentum to continue doing this day after day...now at day 80 it has become a habit, a ritual that I celebrate at the day's end. A way to spend some time with myself and on my artwork; I just make it happen. I am getting ready to go on vacation in another week. There will be no Internet access where I am going, no cell phone, no computer. I will have to make analog posts to my journal and transfer then digitally when I return. I thought about not going, that this project is too important...but then I came to my senses because the blog is not the project, it just is keeping me accountable to myself. So I bought an extra battery and memory card to get me by while I unplug for awhile. I think it will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment