Wednesday, July 8, 2009

West of the Rockies, Day 63

Today my son and I boarded a plane and headed west to California. At this very moment we are officially on vacation. I am excited to get out of town and leave my everyday life behind to visit the land of make believe also known as the City of Angels. We will be at the beach digging our toes in the sand with the majority of my family and I will be making every effort to not gain 5 pounds over the next week. But as much as I love to travel, one of these days I would like to just stay home and take a vacation. I wonder if this is actually possible? To relax, garden, eat good food, not feel obligated to answer the phone or respond to email messages, and take advantage of all the wonderful things that I never have time to do at home because I am working. Perhaps I don't need to go on "vacation" to do these things, I could just take one day off each week, or two...what a novel idea!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way each post seems to be inspired by the last (except maybe this one). When I did a similar project in 2008, sans text, no clear relationship existed day-to-day. My photos were more of a documentation of my life than the linear story that yours are. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lilia for your comment and looking at my project. Some of the visual or conceptual connections are more obvious than others. What did you discover after photographing for a year?

    ReplyDelete