Sunday, September 20, 2009

Love, Day 136

I sometimes wonder how many hours I have spent over the past five years watching my son sleep. As a newborn, babies sleep much of the time. Although I should have probably been resting too, I was in complete awe of the little guy lying next to me so it was difficult to not watch over him and contemplate the orgins of his life. The day Nicolai was born I really understood the meaning of love. How did I end up with this marvelous little person in my life? Parenting is such a mixed blessing- the most wonderfully challenging thing I have ever done (and continue to do). Although Nicolai is almost five years old with much more of a formed personality I still have these same thoughts running through my head as I did when he was just a few days old. This morning I watched him sleep and smiled to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment