Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This old house, Day 145

Part of living in an old house is the mouse problem- they just seem to get in- especially this time of year when the weather is cold at night and they are seeking a warm place. We used to catch them in live traps, then drive them a mile away and set them free. One October evening while I was pregnant with my son (close to 5 years ago) we came home from dinner at a friend's house to find a mouse in the live trap. It also happened that I started having contractions in the car on the way home. Knowing it was going to be a long night, which ended up turning into a long few days, we set the little mouse free. I think that was the last live trap that we used. I was done with being nice to mice.

2 comments:

  1. That's a heck of a pic to wake up to the morning after watching Inglorious Basterds! Looks like your mice just got a Human Problem ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Seena! Didn't mean to spoil your breakfast.

    ReplyDelete