Sunday, October 11, 2009

Light drawing, Day 157

Earlier in the week I assigned a project to my beginning photo students to photograph light. The subject that the light is falling on is incidental. They have to shoot natural light inside and outside, and artificial light inside and outside. It has been overcast for the past several days so the light in my house has been quite dull. We have large windows in our dining room where the late afternoon sun usually makes this room come alive in the winter time. It's one of my favorite rooms to inhabit this time of year for this very reason and a common site for me to photograph. Today the sun finally showed itself, transforming the dead flowers I have been too lazy to throw in the compost. I was dazzled by the light entering my lens and I was reaffirmed that I gave my students the right assignment this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment