Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I remember..., Day 167

I remember being in an altered state for hours and hours not really aware or concerned as to what was going on around me, but being extremely focused on what was going on inside. I remember when you slid from my body and you were placed in my arms and we gazed upon each other for the first time. I remember that I knew you were a boy as soon as I saw your face. I remember when I felt completely overwhelmed by love and really understood what it is. I remember the many sleepless nights and the agony I felt at times. I remember snuggling with your small delicate body and watching you sleep. I remember when you crawled for the first time and feeling depressed that I couldn't put you down and have you stay in one place. I remember your first word. I remember five years ago like it was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment