Monday, October 19, 2009

A new day, Day 165

I was treated to the most spectacular sunrise in Denver this morning while riding the Lightrail to work. I was amazed that the people sitting around me on the train were too busy texting, sleeping, or listening to their ipods to notice the sky in all its glory. I felt totally blessed by witnessing these fleeting moments and somehow I managed to hold on to this sense of peace as the day progressed. Once I got to work the harddrive on my laptop crashed. Then I discovered that the film developer was contaminated and ruined many rolls of my students' film. But I still managed to hold onto my serenity with this sunrise on my mind. The day gradually progressed and I fixed the chemical issues, extended the assignment, and came to terms that my harddrive is indeed dead and gone. It was my own fault that the grant I worked on for many many hours is lost forever...but honestly it's ok. The day could have been much worse by stressing out instead of just letting it all go.

No comments:

Post a Comment