Saturday, August 22, 2009

Eat me, Day 107

We went to the Lafayette Peach Festival today up the street from our house. One of the advantages (or disadvantages) to living in a small historic town is there is always some festival going on. Today there were thousands of people purchasing fresh peaches and peach related foods such as smoothies, cobbler and pie, not to mention the standard turkey legs, snow cones, kettle corn and cotton candy. It was quite an event for our little town, but I always walk away from these events feeling a little unsatisfied. Everything looks the same, the food, the arts and crafts booths are lacking a certain quality, the cover bands, the free plastic junk handed out to all the kids, and the overwhelming emphasis to CONSUME. My son kept asking me if we could buy this or that and I got a little tired of saying "no, No, NO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment