Monday, August 17, 2009

Kiss kiss, 102

I recently saw a photograph of a lipstick kiss on a window and was immediately taken by it. I knew I wanted to use it as inspiration. Today seemed appropriate to play and experiment with the camera...construct instead of witness. It's always interesting to run with someone's idea because it can never be duplicated, not that I was trying to duplicate, but there is always that fear of "copying." I felt self-conscious about my process, nervous in a way. My final image looks nothing like the image that I saw. The only similarity is the residue on the glass, which in my image is one of several elements rather than the only subject. The image I created feels and looks like mine. I see an artistic style developing as I photograph for this project that I amazingly enough never paid much attention to before.

No comments:

Post a Comment