Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy feet, Day 96

My mom wrote me a wonderful email this morning about looking at the struggles we all share within ourselves and with others. The challenge is how to be more compassionate when I start to judge. I can be very defensive and reactive when I get angry or feel wronged by someone. She reminded me today that these are life lessons and life work! I know that when I am making art that I learn from my failed pieces or mistakes the most. It's easy for me to write about this since I am not in conflict with anyone, including myself, at the moment. But when it does arise I need to not take it so seriously, but acknowledge the experience as part of the learning to be human process. Then I know it will be time to get out the smiley face stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment