Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Past life, Day 104

When I was a kid I remember eating at a Chinese restaurant in Tahoe City, CA where I lived with my dad and brother. There was one potsticker left and I wrapped it up in my napkin to take home to eat later. Since that moment my dad has teased me that I must have been Vietnamese in a past life since I wrap up pieces of meat which he claims that I also store under my pillow for safe keeping. Why Vietnamese and under my pillow I never understood the reasoning, but the point being that I have always been obsessed with all Asian food and I can definitely connect with the idea of a past life experience. My favorite place to visit, which is a fairly new discovery, is the Pacific Ocean Marketplace located in Broomfield, CO. This shopping center caters to a large Vietnamese population with a massive Asian market and several Pho restaurants. I am happy to say that I have finally located a Vietnamese cultural center close to where I live and in my mind I fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment