Friday, August 28, 2009

Peace and quiet, Day 113

A trip to the Denver Botanic Gardens yielded a stunning feast for all the senses. I am tired after several hours in the sun and chasing after two little boys. It was a lovely way to end a hectic week of teaching and getting back into the swing of things. I often forget what Denver has to offer even though I am so close to the city. I am just not a city girl anymore. I get overwhelmed easily and hate to drive in traffic. I just hope I don't turn into one of those old ladies who won't leave the house and still experience the world around me. In a couple of weeks I will begin commuting two days a week to teach in Denver. Perhaps my two bus rides and one light rail ride (one way) will reacquaint me with city life and I will fall in love with it again. Or it will have the opposite affect and make me want to move to an even smaller town. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment