Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finding a rhythm, Day 101

My process for choosing an image for the day is either lengthy or fairly straightforward depending on the number of images I have taken and if I already have an image in mind that I want to use. I usually narrow them down anywhere from 1 (rare) to 6 (often) images and start cropping to see what will work next to the previous day's image. I really love it when I find a rhythm or a pattern that is continuous over a few days and then eventually breaking that rhythm and finding a new one. My son and I have been finding our own rhythm since before the day he was born. This past week has been nice because much of the time I am working and Gerald is the primary parent. Usually I am having to constantly tell Nicolai- "After I am done working I can..." This week has been a wonderful exception since Gerald has been backpacking in Utah. I have put most of my work aside and devoted my attention to him. There have been fewer arguments, tantrums, and he has been a real helper around the house. We have had some fun times with only a few rough moments (as seen in the image). But rest assured, he was up and playing moments later. I am always amazed how kids can be laughing one minute and crying the next, then back to laughing in just a few heartbeats...If only I could find my own rhythm so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment