Thursday, May 28, 2009

Collecting, Day 22

My scissor collection came about when my family and I went to clean out my grandparent's home after they had both passed. My grandfather was a serious garage saler. My grandmother never allowed most of the items he purchased into the house, so his purchases tended to live in the garage, however, scissors seemed to be the exception. I already had a small scissor collection consisting of about 10 pairs of scissors, but as we went through the house they kept appearing over and over again. I think I lost count at around 50. I have quite a serious collection now. It is a good reminder about how much stuff we actually need and what gets lost in the clutter. I actually caught myself the other day looking for a pair of scissors...I think I need to reevaluate my desire for this collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment