Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Perspective, Day 13

I have a love/hate relationship with flying. I HATE turbulence because it reminds me that I am in a machine hovering above the earth which could come crashing down. At the same time I love having a widow seat on the plane so I can see the sky and the earth from a different perspective. My plane flight home was just fine. No delays, a row all to myself, a beautiful view, and of course some turbulence. Overall I had a good flying experience but I was relieved to step off the plane. In a way my flight today was like my visit to LA. It was wonderful to see my family, friends, to be in LA, and to eat good food, but it was definitely emotional and exhausting at times. Having my dad in the hospital reminded me that this life is precious and myself and my loved ones aren't going to be around forever...it was an important reminder. I am extremely thankful that my dad is going home tonight and he will recover. But all of us really need to just sit back, relax and enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment