Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thinking of Imogen, Day 17

I mentioned in a previous day's blog that I sleep with my camera next to the bed. Although I haven't posted many photos from early in the morning, I usually take a few before my feet touch the floor. I love the morning light that comes through the window in the a.m. hours. To get me in the swing of things for the day, photographing in bed is my new morning ritual. There is just something comforting in the quality of the light coming through my window. When I took this image this morning it immediately reminded me of Imogen Cunningham's famous unmade bed image. Although a bit more abstract and in color, I think the feeling is reminiscent of her image. She was a truly magnificent female photographer that made the everyday object extraordinary. This is the principal behind my daily visual treasure hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment