Sunday, May 24, 2009

Seeing is believing, Day 18

Some days I can see what is right in front of me and it makes perfect sense (like yesterday), and other days I can't see anything at all (like today). I was really struggling with what today's image would be. I was mentally trying to force something that wasn't there; trying to create on demand versus relying on my intuition. So tonight I sat down to edit images and I have to admit that I was not excited at all by my prospects. All day long I had visually in mind the color green, the shape of a backwards "C", and the letter "X"....but nothing was visually connecting while I was photographing. I felt like I had "been there and done that." But everything changed when I cropped today's image and placed it next to the previous day's image. I began to see the subtle lines in the sheets that are now made more obvious by the shape of the highway above. These are visual connections that I cannot plan, they just happen. Today's lesson: the more I shoot, the more I can begin to trust in my third eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment