Thursday, June 25, 2009

The baby ?, Day 50

I realized the other day that this is my last opportunity to have another child before I turn 40. It's not really something that I think about often since both my husband and I are in agreement that having one child works just fine for us. My realization was more from a biological perspective. When you are trying to conceive or are pregnant the risks involved radically increase once you hit a certain age. Although I knew from an early age that I definitely wanted to have a child, but it wasn't that long ago by the time I was actually ready for one. My window of opportunity seemed to be very small even if I could have physically conceived at a much younger age than I did. Most of my friends who are around my age seem to be on the same page with the one baby rule. This makes the decision much easier...no peer pressure. My other debate with myself is around my child growing up without a sibling. I love having a brother. I remember the day he was born and meeting him for the first time. I am thankful that we had each other during the crazy times when we were growing up and in the future when we will help our parents as they age. This is where I get stuck in my decision to have an only child, but the clock is ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment