Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Book, Day 42

My son and I collaborated on a book today. It was his idea to make one. He carefully did all the steps that I showed him. I was amazed at his skill for being 4 years old. I realized today that he has picked up a lot simply by observing me in the studio. He signed the back of his creation with his name and today's date. He was so proud of his accomplishment and I was very proud and amazed by him as usual. His dad often sits down with him and really shares his interests with him- Utah, tracking, camping, survival skills, to name just a few. Often I take on a different role, not that I don't teach him new skills, but we shared something today that was quite different from our usual interactions. I am excited for our next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment