Monday, June 8, 2009

Line Story, Day 33

Tonight I had some neighborhood girlfriends over. We played a game called "line stories" which is similar to the Surrealist game "Exquisite Corpse". I showed them today's image and this is what we wrote:

I often wondered about the relationship between the number three and the number two. The left and the right...It's just so fucking aggravating trying to remember what goes where. It's really helpful when it's color coded. The less I have to think the better. Please don't make me think. Because I must finish this macrame project for the gallery show tonite. So thank you for the advice, but I must focus on this now. I don't like to dwell on advice. I have to decide what is best for myself. The balance of body, spirit, intellect, mother, wife, laugh maker, tear maker, love maker, light maker. But all those wires are definitely homicidal maker. Just can't take it! We're so technologically advanced. haven't we figured out how to not have all those God damn wires?! Seriously, I asked you to pick them up and move them out of the way. Now I can;t finish my project as easily, I must sit. All I want to do is drink more wine. If only i didn't feel hungover the next morning. I felt whole again.

Thanks Kat, Becky, and Anna for participating in my project tonight! A bunch of jibberish but a wonderful collaboative process. much like this project is from day to day- making sense at times then taking a leap of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment