Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Shopping, Day 35

My husband Gerald and I have a "God" collection. It includes a variety of statues, candles, images, and crosses adorning the walls and the shelves of our dining room. When we search junk stores to add to our collection we call it "shopping for God." On one occasion a bookbinding client came over and saw our collection and commented- "I am so glad you are Catholic!" I just laughed to myself but didn't tell her otherwise. I don't know why we started our collection, but we each had one before we met. You could say that we bonded over our affinity for bloody hearts. We don't subscribe to any particular religion. We have attended many types of religious services ranging from Hindu to Catholic. I grew up a few doors down from the Hare Krishna temple in Berkeley and occasionally we attend their Sunday service at the temple in Denver. I really enjoy attending a variety of services, but in a sense I feel as though I am still shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment