Saturday, June 20, 2009

Being a girl, Day 45

My 2 1/2 year old neighborhood friend got into her mom's purse this morning. Face covered with lip gloss, she proudly let me document her handy work. Her joy reminded me of how much fun being a girl can really be... and a burden at the same time. Although I really can't imagine it any other way. I remember experimenting with make-up as a kid and wishing that I could be older so I could actually wear it. But after my junior high school years it just seemed to be too much trouble. Now I love wearing make-up. It's just fun! But at times I do find myself wondering why I feel the need to make myself look "pretty." Am I not already good enough? This is a constant question we girls are faced with and it doesn't go away as you get older, it seems to be more in my face so to speak.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Mia, and not just because you posted a picture of my little one! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete