Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The rainbow maker, Day 55

Children have an amazing ability to use their imaginations to create anything they want. As I watched my son create rainbows today in the carport I realized that this ability never goes away, we just stop believing in it. Yesterday one of my students came over and he interviewed me for a business class he is taking over the summer. One of the interview questions was about what would I redo in my life if I had the opportunity. I told him I would take myself more seriously as an artist and really focus my energy on making my work and not bother with all the other little things that are constantly eating up my time. I thought about my answer today and I realized that right now (this very moment) I am doing just that. I also thought that the question should be asked in a different way, since change is still possible (I am not dead yet). The question I would like to answer is: What do you want to change right now in your life and how will you implement the changes? This question to me is about living in the present versus focusing on the past. I am happy to report that I am answering the question by living the answer. I don't mean to make it sound like it's easy, because it's not, it's really hard work. I doubt my process constantly. But as I watched my son make rainbows today it reminded me that I still have the power to create anything. I just have to believe that I can do it and then take the steps to make it happen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the motivation and reflection.
    Stu

    ReplyDelete